This Code of Conduct applies at all events that FLOSSUK run.
A community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all. This should be regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion, preferred operating system, programming language, or text editor.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour. We invite all sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, vendors, and other participants to help us realise a safe and positive experience for everyone.
We expect all event participants (sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, vendors, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at all event venues and event related social situations.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- Alert conference organisers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
Unacceptable behaviours could include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any attendees. Venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
Harassment could include: offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of images; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome attention.
This is not an exhaustive list, and the event organisers will receive any complaint that is made to them, and will take appropriate action.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour
Unacceptable behaviour by other attendees, organiser, venue staff, sponsors, or other patrons of venues will not be tolerated.
- Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately;
- If anyone engages in unacceptable behaviour, the conference organisers may take any action they deem appropriate including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund;
- Conference organisers will report unacceptable behaviour by contacting appropriate authorities where:
- they are requested to do so by any person in receipt of harassing behaviour
- where that behaviour is seen to be in breach of the law
Any offensive behaviour, or unwanted attention, of a sexual nature will be treated with the utmost concern and result in an immediate investigation and the involvement of the appropriate authorities.
What to do if you witness or are subject to unacceptable behaviour
If you are subject to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify the event organisers, as named on the event details, any member or officer of FLOSSUK Council (usually identified by a conference t-shirt saying STAFF).
All complaints will be treated with the utmost seriousness and confidentiality.
If you have any specific concerns, questions, queries or would like to offer help and feedback on this or any other matter regarding FLOSSUK then please do not hesitate to contact us.