FLOSSUK is a not-for-profit organisation funded by membership subscriptions for people who want to keep abreast of everything that happens in the world of Open Systems and is drawn from the information technology, commercial, and research/academic sectors in fairly even proportions.
What FLOSSUK can do for you
There are a variety of benefits which form an integral part of your membership package. These are in addition to the help service offered by the Secretariat.
- Reduced attendance fees at our regular conferences and tutorials.
- Quarterly Newsletter, enabling members to keep abreast of UNIX and UNIX-related events in the UK.
- Discounts on books from a number of publishers.
- Discounts at a range of companies.
- An entry in our Consultants directory.
Renewing your membership for another year? We offer recurring payment methods which help to keep our administration costs down and allow your membership to continue automatically without needing to remember to send an electronic payment.
- Monthly or Annual card payment for Individual Membership (via PayPal)
- Monthly or Annual Direct Debit for Individual Membership (via GoCardless)
- Standing Order
Membership Categories and Fees
Individual members …
tend to be employees of institutions who do not have a institutional membership or individuals wishing to receive their own personal copies of newsletters, announcements, etc. £42 per year or £4 per month (including VAT)
Concessionary members …
Membership for students, the retired and the unemployed. Proof of status must be seen by the UKUUG Secretariat before membership is accepted. £20.00 (£24.00 inc VAT) per year